Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New Home in Lander

The sellers countered our offer which we gladly accepted. Our original offer was $50K less than the asking price (which was already reduced greatly due to the slow movement of homes in this price range). They countered with an offer that saved us $35K. Of course, Dad/Paul feels guilty about it because the asking price was very fair---but I assured him that I can easily spend the $35K on updates.

Life has been hectic and crazy here---trying to get ready to move while finishing the painting, tiling, etc. is a challenge in the best of times but when you add a move on top of it, I can only project myself into the future a bit and imagine it all done...

We are going to see if the sellers want to sell some of the furniture---coming from our smaller home, we can't even fill one floor much less this house.

I look forward to our first reunion here---kids in the pool, parents in the pool, grandpa in the pool, grandma in a chaise lounge (ha!) etc.

Namaste,

Nancy

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! That's awesome! It's kind of funny that if we asked for 50k less on our house... that'd be a little less than half the asking price! Funny. Anyway, I'm glad you got such a great deal and I cannot wait to come visit! seriously, it'll be great! good luck with the moving!

Deanna said...

Congratulations! We're very excited for you and can't wait to come and visit!