Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Legacy Meadows Condominiums



"Well, Pilgrim---it looks like there's no goin' back from here..."

Legacy Meadows has officially begun the active building phase of the project. After two years of red tape and planning, we are now in debt up to our eyebrows but still confident that this is a good project and one that will be good for our community. Most of you know that we are building 32 individual units---16 duplexes which should be sold within the next 2-3 years.

The foundation for the first unit has been poured and work has begun! In addition, it is exciting to see the road dimensions as well as curb and gutter. It really allows one to imagine where the units will be and how it will all come together. The asphalt will be arriving soon---and the sidewalks will also be poured within the next week or so. We fully expect to see people driving through to look at the project from the inside when this phase of the project is complete.

The location is exceptional---directly across the street to the west is the Freestone Legacy Walking Park (hence Legacy Meadows) and due east is the new clinic. All of the floor plans are one level and two bedroom. We have one of the best (if not the best) builders in the area and are confident that his reputation will help sell the condos.

I realize this may not be the most exciting blog subject but wanted to share it with all of you. Many of you reading this are looking at what may be a significant part of your future inheritance---that is if we don't wander the earth and spend it all. Beyond that, we are pretty excited to see it start to come to fruition.

Posted by Nancy

8 comments:

Tammy said...

We are so glad that you are sharing pictures of this. I think it is very interesting, and exciting, even. Sounds a little scary, but it seems like you guys are feeling pretty good about things. Keep us posted on the progress.

Shane said...

Congratulations on getting everything rolling! Looks pretty good so far, and I like the name. Too bad I couldn't be involved in the engineering for the condos. Oh well, I've got plenty of work to do down here.

Auntie Ann said...

Yeah! It must be nice to have your vision turning into reality. Thanks for sharing it with us.

GmaGpa said...

Wow! Exciting. How will the current problem with availability of cement affect your project? At least this is a big problem in Salt Lake. Keep us informed on the project.

Deanna said...

Exciting. I'm glad that things are under way and can't wait to see what things look like when they are built.

Apeface said...

I'm excited to hear that it's finally happening. It's so frustrating waiting.

Donna said...

You guys never cease to amaze me. You have so much energy and drive!!! I hope things contine to move forward in a good and steady flow!!

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.