Each of our condos will have a gas log fireplace.
All of the fixtures including faucets, hinges, door and cupboard hardware are an oiled bronze. The walls have been painted a desert sand with stark white crown mouldings in the kitchen, dining and living space and a hint of Victorian charm in the door jams and cornice pieces.The new owners made their purchase in time to choose the carpet---a much lighter one than I opted for but very beautiful... I suppose that I am too accustomed to children and pets though not necessarily in that order. Ha! Ha!
This is the lovely kitchen of the first unit sold at Legacy Meadows. The cabinets are custom built knotty maple with staggered tops and a beautiful countertop in a marble-like laminate. A ceramic tile floor covers the kitchen, dining area and utility area as well as the entry and both bathrooms.
The guest bathroom, not quite finished... We are pleased with the quality of this "twin" home which is the flagship of the project. I will send exterior photos when the landscaping is completed.
We will also send some pictures of Farm Creek when we go back in a couple of weeks. It is such a beautiful and serene location with 40 acres of high quality grass/alfalfa hay and a five acre homesite where we will build our home, pastures, barn and outbuildings. I am so excited to think that we will be living once again in a place that has little light pollution and a wonderful habitat for wildlife. It is nestled on the bottom flank of the Uinta Mountains just four miles from the Whiterocks Canyon turn off.
There is an old gravel pit on the property that we plan to seal with bentonite and fill with water for a pond. In addition, we will build a small pier with a ladder, a barbeque area and hopefully will be able to find a large teepee to accomodate our more adventurous guests.
The adjoining 15 acres was split in two with half purchased by Kathy and Dan Schaad, good friends---Kathy and I went to Junior High together---Dan is the assistant manager of the national wildlife refuge in Ouray; and the other 7.5 acres by Dan's good friend who is with the Soil Conservation Service. We are in a collaborative effort and will restore much of the habitat for native birds and animals. They offered to help with the pond and know of ways to keep the water aerated. So...in a couple of years, we will have a haven which will welcome you home.
Will write more later...good night for now.


6 comments:
Everything looks great!
How exciting! It looks beautiful!
Wow!
We're impressed. I forgot....what are the square feet and what price range? Real Estate is going crazy here. Our Townhomes are selling for over 200,000.
So glad the project is going well. It sounds like farm creek will be a wonderful place to build a home for you guys. Hope things continue to go well.
The condos look really nice. I'm glad things are going well with it and that you've sold some. We're also excited to see the new property and see what you guys create out there!
I loved the staggered cupboards. That is what I want when we redo our kitchen in our next life. I think they would look great with our high ceilings. Hopefully we will get to see your old house again before you move to your new one. I think I can make it in that time frame.
Post a Comment